Welcome to Sir Boateng Online. Today I will show you how to download Proteus 8.12 for free. After downloading the latest version, you will also be guided on the installation procedure. Yes, you will get the latest proteus 8.12 right from this page.
As of December 2021, Proteus 8.12 is the latest version of the high-rated simulation software. Regarding Arduino project design and simulation, Proteus stands tall among all the simulation software.
Check out these related articles and resources for you:
This is because Proteus 8.12 has inclusive support for all the Arduino core boards (Arduino Uno, Arduino Nano, Arduino Lily, Arduino Mega, etc.) and a large collection of Arduino sensor libraries such as the ultrasonic sensor, GSM module, Real-Time clock module, Gas sensor, Flame sensor, Soil moisture sensor, water level sensor etc.
How to download Proteus 8.12
To get the latest version of Proteus, which is version v8.12, kindly follow the instructions below:
- Download the latest version of Proteus from these links [PROTEUS DOWNLOAD] or [PROTEUS DOWNLOAD] Password is: homemade
- Extract the downloaded file “Proteus 8.12 SP0 Pro HomeMade Electronics.zip” to your computer. You can use any extraction software. If you don’t have one, then download WinRar from this link.
- Now navigate to the extracted folder “Proteus 8.12 SP0 Pro HomeMade Electronics” and open it. You will see two folders inside it.
- Open the folder Proteus 8.12 SP0 Pro which is inside the “Proteus 8.12 SP0 Pro HomeMade Electronics” folder and double-click on the file Proteus 8.xx SP0 Pro.exe. Follow the prompts to install Proteus on your computer.
- During the installation wizard, you may be asked to install additional Visual C++ libraries such as the popularly Microsoft VC++ 2015 redistributable. Accept to install any additional Microsoft product when prompted. (Note: Some PCs have the VC++ already installed, therefore this step may not be applicable.
- After the installation, do not launch the program. Go to the installed directory of Proteus. In our case, we installed Proteus at C:\Program Files (x86)\Labcenter Electronics\Proteus 8 Professional. You can also right-click on the Proteus icon on the desktop and select “Open File Location“.
- Open the “DATA” folder and then the “LIBRARY” folder.
- Leave the “Library” Folder open and go to the Proteus Setup folder. Open the “Arduino Sensor Libraries“. folder.
- Copy all the files from the “Arduino Sensor Libraries” folder and paste them into the “LIBRARY” folder of the Proteus installation directory, the folder you have opened in step 7.
- That’s all. Enjoy the latest version of Proteus with Arduino Sensor Libraries for free.
If you get an error or an empty window when adding Arduino libraries in Proteus in Proteus 8.12, try to open the software as Administrator.
To do so, right-click on the Proteus 8 Professional icon on the desktop and select properties. On the “Shortcut” tab, click on the “Advanced” button, tick “Run as Administrator” and select Ok.
That is all. Your software should work with no errors.
If some of your projects are not compatible with Proteus 8.12, you can also use this link to download Proteus 8.11 full software with Arduino Libraries.
If you prefer an older stable version Proteus 8.9 full software with Arduino sensor Libraries is what you need. Get it from this link: Arduino 8.9 Download. I have also detailed how to fix Proteus crashing during a simulation in that article.
This tutorial will cater for those looking for solutions for:
How to download free software, simulation software free download and install, download lab centre electronics software for free, how to download and add Arduino Library in proteus, proteus free download without crack, install proteus 8 full activation, free download circuit simulation software, Proteus 8.9, 8.10, 8.11, and Proteus 8.12 full download, how to install Arduino library in Proteus 8 all versions.
If you are a fan of Raspberry Pi, you may consider reading this article in which I highlighted the main difference between Arduino and Raspberry Pi. It also discussed which of the development boards is the right pick for your next project.
Download all the Arduino sensor libraries for Proteus. Arduino Sensor Libraries. When you successfully installed the program, kindly check the GSM-Based Fire and Smoke Detection and Prevention System project.
The password to unzip the file is: homemade