The National Teaching Council is mandated by the Education Act 2008 (Act 778), section 9. The purpose of the licensure examination is to enable qualified teachers to acquire a professional license. The NTC licensure exam was also introduced to attract excellent young graduates from Universities and Colleges of Education. Read more.
Also, check these recommended posts:
You can also click on the individual links below to download free sample materials and questions for the NTC licensure exam.
How to Register for the NTC Licensure Exam
Prospective candidates who are to register for the NTC Licensure Examination should follow the below guidelines:
- Fresh candidates are required to pay Gh¢ 220.00 to register for the examination and those re-sitting are expected to pay Gh¢ 100 for a paper and Gh¢ 220 for all three (3) papers.
- All candidates must pay to any Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB) Ltd Branch Nationwide.
- Take the printout of the PIN and Serial Number from GCB Bank Ltd.
- Log-on to www.exams.ntc.gov.gh
- Click on Examination Registration if you are registering for the first time or click on Resit Registration if you have a resit.
- Enter your e-voucher Serial Number and PIN in the text box provided.
- Fill in all the fields and Remember to upload your Passport-size Photograph.
- Review the information provided and submit.
- Print summary of the inputs made. You have successfully registered for the NTC exam
Candidates should keep their PIN and SERIAL Numbers safe after registration for the NTC licensure exam. The Pin and Serial Numbers will be used for checking results.
After you have registered for the NTC Licensure exam, wait for the date of the examination which is the 24th – 26th of September.