The Management of the National Teaching Council (NTC), as usual, has opened the 2021 GTLE (Ghana Teachers Licensure Examination) registration portal for interested graduates to register. This will allow qualified candidates to take part in this year’s exam which has been scheduled to take place in April.
Also, there is speculation in the public domain that the date for the exam has been slated for the 6th to the 7th of May. However, the Council is yet to officially announce the date to administer the 2021 edition of the teacher licensure to the general public.
ALSO DOWNLOAD: Learning materials for NTC Essential Skills
Furthermore, the NTC through its website has advised all applicants to check whether their particulars have been submitted by their institution (Universities or Training Colleges). Therefore, applicants must check their status before they proceed to buy a voucher that will be used to start the 2021 GTLE registration.
In view of this, all applicants should first visit the NTC website at https://exams.ntc.gov.gh, and click on “Confirmation Status“. Then enter your school index number and click on “Confirm“. If you are eligible to start the registration you can proceed to buy the voucher.
ALSO DOWNLOAD: Learning materials for NTC Literacy
Moreover, the National Teaching Council (NTC), has accredited the Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB) and Prudential Bank as the distributors of the 2021 GTLE voucher card. This means applicants can purchase from any of these banks across the country.
According to the Management of the National Teaching Council (NTC), fresh candidates will pay GH₵ 280.00 while re-sitters are also to pay GH₵ 150.00 for one resit paper, GH₵ 250.00 for two papers and GH₵ 280.00 to take all the three papers.
How to register on the GTLE registration portal
2. Enter your Serial number
3. Enter your pin
4. Enter your College Index number
5. Click on submit and follow the instructions on the next page
NB: You will be required to submit your passport photo and some relevant documents to complete the registration process.
ALSO DOWNLOAD: Learning materials for NTC Numeracy
How to register on the resit registration portal
2. Enter your previous examination ID (the index number given to you during the previous NTC GTLE session)
3. Re-enter your examination ID to confirm (This is to ensure you have entered the correct examination number or Index)
4. Enter the Serial number on the voucher obtained from the bank
5. Enter the Pin provided on the voucher card obtained from the bank
6. Click on submit and follow the instructions on the next screen