Choosing between affiliate marketing and Google Adsense can take time and effort. Both have their pros and cons, and ultimately it depends on what your goals are for your website or blog.
In this post, we’ll compare affiliate marketing and Google Adsense side-by-side, so you can decide which is right for you. In my previous post, I discussed the best affiliate markets with huge commisions.
Affiliate marketing and Google AdSense are two popular ways to earn money online. Which one is best for you depends on your goals and preferences.
Affiliate marketing is a performance-based marketing technique in which you promote a company’s products or services and receive a commission when a sale is made. It is a great way to earn passive income, as you can continue earning money even after the initial sale.
On the other hand, Google AdSense is an advertising program that allows you to place ads on your website or blog. When someone clicks on one of the ads, you earn money. AdSense is a great way to earn extra cash, but affiliate marketing is more active.
Comparison Of Affiliate Marketing And Google Adsense
There are many similarities between affiliate marketing and Google Adsense, but there are also some key differences. Both are forms of online advertising, and both can be effective ways to earn money from a website or blog.
However, Adsense is generally considered more effective for earning money, while affiliate marketing is more effective for building a brand or selling products.
An affiliate program is a marketing arrangement where an online business pays you, the affiliate, a commission for referring traffic or customers to their site.
It’s a way for brands to tap into new markets and for influencers like you to get paid for your recommendations. An affiliate program relationship has two key players: the merchant/ advertiser/ brand and the affiliate (you).
Pros of Affiliate Marketing
- Earn Money While You Sleep: Individuals pursue affiliate marketing primarily because it is a proven way to make money even while sleeping. After building your affiliate links and brands, you earn even without making more effort.
- Build trust then make money every time: Building trust is essential for increasing your earnings from affiliate marketing. Some well-known affiliate marketers make over $100,000 monthly. The good news is that they don’t need a website or store to earn commissions.
- No Need for Huge Traffic: The number one reason people always prefer affiliate marketing over AdSense or any other income source is that “You don’t need huge traffic on your blog”. You can make a decent income from affiliate marketing, even with less than a thousand website visitors.
- You pick the product to promote: Unlike Google AdSense, affiliate marketing allows you to promote relevant products that suit your audience. You can pick the products that relate to your niche or products in which you have more experience.
- You are the Boss of the deal: You don’t need anyone’s approval to make money from affiliate marketing. However, to make money from AdSense, you need approval from Google Adsense Team. The review can take months or be rejected. Even if Google approves your account, they may still ban you (if you violate their rules). So, it is clear here’s where affiliate marketing wins the race. You set up the right products, build the right audience, and promote affiliate products.
AdSense is another popular option for monetizing your blog. With AdSense, you allow Google to place ads on your site, and you earn money each time someone clicks on an ad. The earnings potential with AdSense can be high, but it depends on the traffic level of your site.
Pros of Google Adsense
- Make Money Online Fastest: Making money from affiliate marketing takes a lot of time. However, you can make money within a month or two with Google Adsense, even if you have zero online marketing skills. AdSense beats affiliate marketing in this regard.
- No online marketing experience required: Honestly, making money using AdSense doesn’t require you to become an expert in your field. Thousands of new bloggers without expertise make enough money from AdSense.
- No product selling with AdSense: With Google AdSense, you don’t need to promote or sell products before you can earn. Of course, Google AdSense takes care of everything for you. Once you apply for AdSense and get your account approved, you place ads on your websites to grow your AdSense earnings.
- You Don’t Need Any Special Skills to Earn on AdSense: I’ve seen so many new bloggers launching new sites and making money from AdSense. Why would you need special skills when you can create some good content that gets you enough traffic and increase your AdSense earnings? If you follow AdSense recommendations and do it right, AdSense can be your number passive income source. You can earn millions from AdSense. Most people can’t make enough AdSense earnings because they don’t get enough traffic from Google or try to get random visitors by using fuzzy keywords.
Which One Is The Best?
There are many factors to consider when choosing between affiliate marketing and Google AdSense. As we have seen above, both have pros. So it depends on your goals and what you’re looking for in a marketing strategy.
If you’re looking for a more hands-on approach where you can control the content of your ads, then affiliate marketing may be a better option. However, if you’re looking for a more passive way to earn income from your website, then Google AdSense may be a better option. Ultimately, it comes down to what’s best for you and your website.
As we have seen, there are pros to both affiliate marketing and Google AdSense. Your specific needs and goals depend on which one is best for you.
If you are looking for a passive income stream and to generate a lot of revenue quickly, then AdSense may be the better option. However, if you want to create a more customized marketing campaign, and build a long-term relationship with your audience, then affiliate marketing may be the way to go.